Entertaining children for 30 to 45 minutes is a challenge for any entertainer. The attention span of children is short. It is crucial that you connect to children in the very first minute of your show. As a magician you should include visual and colorful magic tricks in your show. Along with magic do not forget to add comedy and storytelling in your presentation.
Whenever new clients hire a magician, they would want to see magician’s profile. In general, a professional magician’s profile should contain the following information, not necessarily in the same order as given below.
Name: Your screen name (Performing name)
Profession: Write specifically if you are comedy magician, street magician, corporate magician, mentalist, illusionist, motivational speaker etc
Skills: Write if you perform close up magic or stand-up magic or stage magic. If you perform all kinds of magic write that as well.
Experience: Your professional experience in magic. Don’t count those years when you were learning magic.
Languages Known: Mention all local and international languages you speak
Events: Write for what kinds of events your show is suitable. Corporate gatherings, social gatherings, trade shows, weddings, birthday parties etc
Bio: Write the summary about your magic show explaining how it is better and different than your peers. Do write about entertainment and interaction your magic show provides.
Career Highlights: Mention about awards and accolades you received in the field of magic.
Clients: Write the list of prominent clients you served over the years
Photos: Include high-quality photos of your magic shows. Do not forget to include the photos of any press releases and media coverage.
Contact details: Email, Contact number, Website etc.
Close Up magic show : performed for the audience close to the magician, and performer stands or sit at fixed place behind the table.
Stand Up magic show (cabaret magic or platform magic) : performed for a medium to large audience. Magician stands on a stage or platform at higher level than the audience
Stage magic show : performed for large audiences, typically within a theatre or auditorium
Parlor magic show : performed for larger audiences than close-up magic and for smaller audiences than stage magic. In parlor magic, the performer is usually standing on the same level as the audience, which may be seated on chairs or even on the floor.
Street magic show: performer walks freely and performs magic tricks not requiring any table or work surface
Strolling magic show (Table Magic) : performer walks freely and performs magic tricks which may or may not require a table, a cubicle or any other work surface.
Kiosk magic show: Audience comes to a performer who is standing at one fixed place or booth (kiosk), here audience keeps changing.
1) “Magic is not just for the entertainment, but to inspire people to be creative enough with their lives.” – Amit Kalantri
2) “Magic is a very beautiful mystery. Even the ages old magic effects still surprises the most modern men.” – Amit Kalantri
3) “A great piece of music make people to close their eyes but a great magic effect make their eyes wide open.” – Amit Kalantri
4) “Magic is the stunning art of surprising your audience, so that nothing else surprises them.” – Amit Kalantri
5) “A great magician is not more magical than other magicians; he is just more magical in his presentation.” – Amit Kalantri
6) “Magic is the most interesting art because people not necessarily want to learn to paint after they see a great painting, but they want to learn magic after they see a great magic effect.” – Amit Kalantri
7) “A great magician is as divine as God and his stage is as majestic as the paradise.” – Amit Kalantri
8) “If you are really bored with life, just meet a decent magician and have a close up magic show, he will restore inspiration in your life.” – Amit Kalantri
9) “Think like a magician, present like a magician and perform like a magician.” – Amit Kalantri
10) “The genius of a great magician is as impressive as the genius of a great scientist.” – Amit Kalantri