1) Is mentalism real, can mentalist really the mind?
No mentalism is not real, most of it is a bunch of great sleight of hand, misdirection, and psychological tricks just like magic tricks. It’s not possible to truly read the mind of others accurately at all times.
2) Difference between magic and mentalism?
Mentalism is an extended version of magic. Magic and mentalism are closely related. It is not possible to learn mentalism without knowing the techniques of magic. A good mentalist is also a good magician.
3) Is mentalism complex and difficult to learn?
No, it’s not. In fact, the art of mentalism is easy to learn as compared to the art of magic. To be a good magician you need to spend considerable time mastering the art of misdirection and sleight of hand. But to be a good mentalist you need to know basic magic techniques.
4) What does mentalism consist of?
Mentalism consists of various types of performances like mind reading, mind control, hypnosis, telepathy, clairvoyance, divination, predictions, psychokinesis, mediumship, memory feats, deduction, and rapid mathematics.
5) Do all the types of performances need to be learned to be a mentalist?
No, it’s not required to know and perform all the above performances. In a mentalism show, most of the performances are of mind reading, mind control, predictions.
6) What are the advantages of learning mentalism?
Entertain and impress people using mentalism routines. Develop your presentation and showmanship skills. Understand how other people think
It boosts self-confidence, dexterity, and develops lateral thinking. Enhance social skills, you become the center of attraction in social gatherings
7) Is there professional coaching available to learn mentalism in India?
Yes, you can join professional mentalism classes run by mentalist Amit Kalantri in Pune (India) to learn the art of mentalism. Both classroom coaching and online coaching available. Visit mentalism classes for details.
– Amit Kalantri (Magician & Mentalist)