1) Is mentalism real, can mentalist really the mind?
No mentalism is not real, most of it is a bunch of great sleight of hand, misdirection and psychological tricks just like magic tricks. It’s not possible to truly read the mind of others accurately at all times.
2) Difference between magic and mentalism?
Mentalism is an extended version of magic. Magic and mentalism are closely related. It is not possible to learn mentalism without knowing techniques of magic. A good mentalist is also a good magician.
3) Is mentalism complex and difficult to learn?
No, it’s not. In fact, the art of mentalism is easy to learn as compared to the art of magic. To be a good magician you need to spend considerable time mastering the art of misdirection and sleight of hand. But to be a good mentalist you need to know basic magic techniques.
4) What does mentalism consist of?
Mentalism consists of various types of performances like mind reading, mind control, hypnosis, telepathy, clairvoyance, divination, predictions, psychokinesis, mediumship, memory feats, deduction, and rapid mathematics.
5) Do all the types of performances need be learned to be a mentalist?
No, it’s not required to know and perform all above performances. In a mentalism show, most of the performances are of mind reading, mind control, predictions.
6) What are the advantages of learning mentalism?
Entertain and impress people using mentalism routines
Develop your presentation and showmanship skills
Understand how other people think
It boosts self-confidence, dexterity and develop lateral thinking
Enhance social skills, you become the center of attraction in social gatherings
7) Is there professional coaching available to learn mentalism in India?
Yes, you can join “Beautiful Minds” professional mentalism classes run by magician and mentalist Amit Kalantri in Pune (India) to learn the art of mentalism.
– Amit Kalantri (Magician & Mentalist)